Everyone has a LONG story about how they got to where they are today. How do I simplify my journey? Bullet points? Let’s see….
- Twenty five years in Financial Services, including eighteen as a sole-practitioner CPA
- Sold my CPA practice in 2004 when I couldn’t face “one more tax return”
- Focused for the next five years on nature, travel and wildlife photography, both in capturing and selling my images
- Became a pilgrim in 2009 by walking 500 miles across northern Spain on the Camino de Santiago. Returned to Spain in 2010, 2013 and 2016 to continue to explore pilgrimage.
- Entered the UCLA Extension Design Communication Arts program to learn graphic design to apply to my photography business
- Graduated in from UCLA Extension in 2015 with certificates in Design Communication Arts and Advanced Web Design. (In the midst of taking web design classes, I found that magic that for me is matching my left (CPA) brain with my right (artistic) brain)
- Having rediscovered my love for school and learning, continue to explore new creative outlets.
- Exploration of numerous forms of creative outlets.
- Continued promotion of images captured in past, present and future trips
- Be open to what’s next!
The Vicarious Traveler – Seven Continents
- Africa – Nine trips that include Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, South Africa and Egypt
Highlights: Trek to the Top of Kilimanjaro, 50th Birthday with the Mountain Gorillas in Uganda
- Asia – Four trips that include Nepal, China, Tibet, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos
Highlights: Trek to Mt. Everest base camp, State of Being days at Buddhist sites
- Europe – Four trips, primarily on the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route in Spain and Portugal
Highlight: 500 mile solo walking pilgrimage over 30 days
- Antarctica – Cruise on small ice-cutter from Falkland Islands to Antarctica
- South America – Three trips including Argentina, Peru, Ecuador, Chile
Highlight: First international solo trip to Argentina and trek to Machu Pichu, Peru
- North America – Dedicated photography trips including Mexico, Guatemala, California, Oregon, New Mexico, Michigan, New York, Vermont
Highlight: Capturing images in Mexico during Day of the Dead Celebration
- Australia – Visit before photography days, for family visit